Click on “ROXIE’S FREE INTERNET RECIPES “
These (dog)recipes are a collection that Mawm found on the internet – (unfortunately Mawther doesn’t cook or bake for me) – that’s because of my predecessors Charlie and Max. Charlie and Max were King Charles Cavaliers Spaniels that yodelled, jumped up, banged on doorstops during mealtime. They ate kibble plus they sampled everything that the family ate. That’s because when Charlie was a puppy my sister and brother were quite young and would drop food on the floor during mealtime—tidbits they didn’t like. Mawther didn’t know what was going on until it was too late. Charlie and Max were much loved; so their rude table manners were a minor nuisance. However, Mawther was very strict with me from the very beginning. I slept in a crate until I was “housebroken” and I ate dog food in an area that was blocked off during dinner hour. My water bowl and food bowl were by the patio door. Once I was trained I was allowed to eat in the kitchen with everybody else.
PLEASE READ BELOW
DANGERS OF CHOCOLATE(from the Oregon Humane Society)
Chocolate treats will tempt anyone, including your pet. However, mixing chocolate with four legs may be a tragic or deadly combination for Fido the dog.
Here’s the skinny on chocolate: An ingredient in chocolate called theobromine may cause vomiting and restlessness in pets. If your pet ingests a large amount of chocolate, it can be fatal. The lethal dose of theobromine depends on the size of the dog and the type of chocolate. (Consult your veterinarian.)
Even the smallest amounts can be fatal:
- Ounce for ounce, baking chocolate has six to nine times as much of the substance as milk chocolate does.
- ½ to 1 ounce of baking chocolate or 4 to 10 ounces of milk chocolate may be dangerous for small dogs, such as chihuahuas and toy poodles.
- 2 to 3 ounces of baking chocolate or 1 to 1½ pounds of milk chocolate may be dangerous for medium-sized dogs, like cocker spaniels and dachshunds.
- 4 to 8 ounces of baking chocolate or 2 to 4½ pounds of milk chocolate may be dangerous for large dogs, including collies and labrador retrievers.
A veterinarian should be consulted as soon as an accidental chocolate ingestion is discovered – time is of the essence. Treatment may require inducing vomiting, stabilizing the animal’s heartbeat and respiration, controlling seizures, and slowing the absorption of theobromine found in chocolate. Do not delay treatment.
Dogs seem to be more attracted to this tasty yet forbidden confection. Cats have much different eating habits and seldom are poisoned by chocolate
FOODS TO AVOID
Onions, onion powder
Chocolate (baker’s, semi-sweet, milk, dark)
Coffee (grounds, beans, chocolate covered espresso beans)
Hops (used in home beer brewing)
Tomato leaves and stems (green parts)
Potato leaves and stems (green parts)
Avocados (toxic to birds, mice, rabbits, horses, cattle, and dairy goats)
This information came from the Oregon Humane Society